Thursday, December 16, 2010

My ASHE guide in League of Legends

“Before further reading, I want to emphasize on this article that this is not the best guide of Ashe in the League of Legends. There are many good guide that can be found on their forums. This is more about a story of my experience that I can share with. If you had any opinion about this article, that would be welcome.”


ASHE, THE FROST ARCHER
One of the perennial favorites of summoners in the League of Legends is the Freljordian beauty known as Ashe. She is a direct descendant of Avarosa - one of three legendary sisters who each claimed dominion over the scattered tribes dwelling in the icy tundra of northern Valoran. Ashe mirrors her ancestor's unparalleled mastery of the bow, earning her the title of ''the Frost Archer'' the way Avarosa did during her era.

Ashe is a literal Princess amongst her people, though she prefers to be addressed by outsiders as her tribal title rather than any form of royal moniker. There are those in Freljord, however, that would prefer to address Ashe as the ''late'' Frost Archer; the other two tribes that are descendants from the Three Sisters are historically sworn enemies of Ashe and her people. Having survived more than one assassination attempt in her life, Ashe is always aware of her surroundings regardless of where she is.

THE STATS
Damage 46.3 (+2.85 / per level)
Health 359 (+79 / per level)
Mana 173 (+27 / per level)
Move Speed 300
Armor 9.3 (+3.4 / per level)
Spell Block 30 (+0 / per level)
Health Regen 0.9 (+0.11 / per level)
Mana Regen 0.76 (+0.04 / per level)

ABILITES

Frost Shot (Q) - While active, each of Ashe's basic attacks slow her target's movement speed. This drains mana with each attack. Toggle: Ashe's basic attacks slow her target's movement speed by 15/20/25/30/35% for 2 seconds.
Cost 8 Mana per Attack
Range 600


Volley (W) - Ashe fires 7 arrows in a cone for increased damage. Volley also applies Ashe's current level of Frost Shot. Ashe fires 7 arrows in a cone dealing 40/50/60/70/80 (+) physical damage. Volley also applies Frost Shot.
Cost 60/60/60/60/60 Mana
Range 600


Hawkshot (E) - Each time Ashe kills a unit, she gains some extra gold. Ashe can activate to send her Hawk Spirit on a scouting mission. Passive: Ashe gains 1/2/3/4/5 extra gold whenever she kills any unit. Active: Ashe animates a Hawk to scout for her, revealing terrain as it flies toward target location.
Cost No Cost
Range 6000


Enchanted Crystal Arrow (R) - Ashe fires a missile of ice in a straight line. If the arrow collides with an enemy Champion, it deals damage and stuns the Champion for up to 3.5 seconds, based on how far the arrow has traveled. In addition, surrounding enemy units take damage and are slowed. Fires a large arrow in a straight line. If it hits an enemy champion, it will stun that champion for up to 3.5 seconds, based on the distance the arrow traveled, and deal 250/425/600 (+1) magic damage. Additionally, surrounding units take half the damage and are slowed.
Cost 150/150/150 Mana
Range 25000


Focus - While out of combat, Ashe's critical strike chance increases by 3/6/9/12/15/18% every 3 seconds, removed after next attack.

MASTERIES
For masteries can be shown below:


I set Masteries with the composition of Offense / Defense / Utility are: 21 / 0 / 9. With details as follows:
Offense 21
Deadliness (3): Increase your champion ‘s critical strike chance by 2%
Archmage’s Savvy (2): Increase your ability power by 0.4 per champion level
Alacrity(4): Increase your champion’s attack speed 4%
Sunder (3): Your physical attacks pierce 6 of the target’s armor
Offensive Mastery (2): Increase the damage you deal to minion by 4 point
Brute Force (3): Increase your champion’s attack damage by 3 point
Lethality (3): Increase your champion’s critical strike damage by 10%
Havoc (1): Increase your physical damage and magic damage by 5%

Defense 0

Utility 9
Good Hands (3): Reduces the time spent dead by 10%
Haste (1): Increase the movement speed of your Ghost Spell by 6%, and increase its duration by 1.5 seconds
Expanded Mind (4): Increases your champion’s Mana by 5% of your maximum mana
Insight (1): Clarity will now grant the same amount of mana to allies as your champion receives

RUNES
For Rune composition, I will setup the composition as in the picture below:


Greater Mark of Might: +0.14 attack damage per level (+2.43 at champion level 18)
Greater Seal of Vitality: +1.08 health per level (+19.44 at champion level 18)
Greater Glyph of Knowledge: +1.42 mana per level (+25.56 at champion level 18)
Greater Quintessence of Strength : +2.25 attack damage

With this composition I will get the statistics as follows:
Mana at level 18: +230
Health at level 18: +175
Physical Damage: +6.8
Physical Damage at level 18: +22

My focus on this Rune composition is Physical Damage and additional Mana and Health, mengingat Ashe is a weak character which need more HP. I am not focusing on critical because those stats can be build via item.

SUMMONER SPELLS
So far, the summoner spell that fit for my Ashe is:
1. Clarity (D)
2. Ghost (F)
The reason? Clarity is useful for recovering Mana which will be used when bombarding your opponent with Volley (W). For Ghost, obviously useful to escape from the pursuit of the enemy, or to accelerate the speed rate for running everywhere, since Ashe is weak she need running as her ability to survive.

Another spell that can be considered are:
1. Flash
2. Clairvoyance
3. Teleport
Flash is another escaping tool and can be taken instead of Ghost. Teleport provides you and your team with greater map control and can help Ashe return to the fight quickly to help allies. Clairvoyance adds to your utility as a support champion and is also great for hitting your ultimate when enemies flee (through the jungle).


SKILL BUILD
My skill priority for Ashe in League of Legends is Volley (W) and Frost Shot (Q). This skill is very useful, as if I really like banging enemy (or minion) with my Volley (W) and when the enemy champion need to be killed, my Frost Shot (Q) useful for slowing their movement, while other make a killing.

My Enchanted Crystal Arrow (R) is very good for stunning enemy at very long range, but very carefully on using it because the line attack is very straight and you need to be calculate on aiming. You could combine it with Hawkshot (E) to get sight on fog of war, when enemy is running in the jungle.

Ashe’s passive skill, Focus, really good at bringing critical to enemy, but there is always one condition. You’ll need 3 sec to make those critical chance to work, before you hit someone with regular attack. So ill just skip this passive because my Ashe won’t stop hitting people.

For all these reasons, I prefer to focus on W and Q skills. So the build skill sequence is as follows:
1. Volley (W)
2. Frost Shot (Q)
3. Volley (W)
4. Frost Shot (Q)
5. Volley (W)
6. Enchanted Crystal Arrow (R)
7. Volley (W)
8. Frost Shot (Q)
9. Volley (W)
10. Hawkshot (E)
11. Enchanted Crystal Arrow (R)
12. Frost Shot (Q)
13. Hawkshot (E)
14. Frost Shot (Q)
15. Hawkshot (E)
16. Enchanted Crystal Arrow (R)
17. Hawkshot (E)
18. Hawkshot (E)

ITEM BUILD
1. In the beginning, I bought Boots of Speed to increase my movement speed and 3 Health Potion. I am focusing my Ashe to be more agile in the beginning. So that, I can throw as many arrow as I could to any enemy on every spot. Aiming my cone is also the key of success of this strategy.


2. I try to hold my position until my gold reached around 1500, luckily if I can have more than 2000, so that I can buy B.F.Sword (1850) to get more damage. If not, I am going to buy Boots of Swiftness and Doran’s Shield (1435), this is good for getting Ashe more agile and start running around and also with the shield, I will get a good +120 HP, +8 Armor and +8 HP regen / 5 sec for my Ashe.


3. After I holding my lane and getting around 1400 gold, I will get The Brutalizer, in additional of +25 Attack Damage, I also get ability cooldown around 10% and +15 Armor Penetration. Ability cooldown is good for my Enchanted Crystal Arrow (R) skill, armor penetration is the key og success of this game, with Ashe.



4. I want to boost up my Armor Penetration with Last Whisper, this is good to kill Tanker champion with good Armor and Health. In additional of Armor Penetration, this item is increasing your attack speed, that’s make me a good DPS on any enemy.


5. Youmuu’s Ghostblade is my next item. By continuing on The Brutalizer, this item is useful to increase my Attack Damage, Armor Penetration, Critical Chance and lowering my Ability Cooldown in one item. It’s also increasing my move speed and attack speed, whether it’s only 4 seconds when it’s activated.


6. If I can reach my gold to 1850, I will start buying B.F.Sword, and make it to whether Infinity Edge or The Black Cleaver. This is my last item that I would make for my Ashe. It will complete up my last spot which already filled up with Boots of Swiftness, Doran’s Shield, Last Whisper, Youmuu’s Ghostblade, and 3 Health Potion. Health Potion? Do I really need that? Yeap, I am not going to be life stealer on my Ashe, so that Health Potion and Doran’s Shield is good for regen my HP.

7. If the time is enough, maybe I could sell all my Health Potion, and replace the spot with more Infinity Edge. This is good for making my critical and my damage would be as high as 1000 to minion. With this, all damage dealer and assassin will be scared against me.

TIPS FOR ASHE
I say Ashe is a champion more to carrier, you are not an Assassin which have a number of kill. Just play your role as carrier, and Ashe will be very useful for team. Usually, you will end up facing that your number of assists is the largest in team, that's the way it is. Just play your role in team, do not thinking that you will be the number killer in game.


Ashe rely on Volley skill to carried your troops until you face with Tower, sometimes aiming this skill at enemy's champion is the key to be success in this game. You like style of play harassing someone? Then do it with Volley. I usually use this skill to get my enemy's HP far below 50%. With the help of Clarity skill, I throw as many arrow as I could. And dont forget, Volley have passive skill. This skill also can slow down enemy's movement speed like Frost Shot. So, when you realize that enemy's HP is below 50%, you could throw Volley first to their champion, and switch on your Frost Shot to attack them. When cool down for Volley is off, throw the arrow again, more and more...


Enchanted Crystal Arrow is good skill because of three things. One is the long range, you could throw it anywhere, using the arrow mark for calculating your aim. Two is the stun effect, the longer you throw the Enchanted Crystal Arrow, the longer its effect. Use it for stunning any enemy which could be dangerous for you and team, or stop the enemy who fled from hustle. Three, did you know that whenever the Enchanted Crystal Arrow hit the enemy, it also damaging the other surrounding enemy? Yeap, this arrow has Area of Effect when it hit the target. So, when I use this skill, usually I calculate the shot into the enemy huddled. And yeah, dont forget, it also has an icy effect, so it could slow down all enemy who get hit.


Since Ashe its not a main killer for enemy champion, positioning your champion behind tanker and fighter. Do not make her attack enemy first, unles you're sure that enemy is weak, or that enemy is noob. Make her get the last on attack, or maybe 2nd before Assassin type, to make the enemy having slow effect from your arrow, so they couldn't runaway.


One thing should remember, use Hawkshot as often as possible. Just don't rely only on its passive effect, which double your gold gain after you kill minions. This skill have straight line and quite long range to throw, and when the bird are released, it will revealed all areas in its path. But remember, its only revealed area, like bushes, not invisible unit. You could released the bird on bushes, forest or baron. The bird is really a good spyer for arranging a team fight.


Eh and by the way, I usually use Enchanted Crystal Arrow in the same direction enemies are moving, so it is more likely to hit. Have fun ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment